Terms & Conditions
Thomson & Scott Ltd - Terms and Conditions
How to order
It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to anyone under 18 years of age in the UK. By placing an order you confirm that you are at least 18 years old. You may order by the various methods mentioned below (unless stated otherwise). You will have a right to cancel such order, please see the paragraph headed “return of goods / cancellation” below for details. You may order by;
Via our website at www.thomsonandscott.com
By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our contract with you
Your order is an offer to buy from us. There will be no contract of any kind between you and us unless and until we accept your order and in the case of wines and goods to be delivered to you, when we actually dispatch the goods to you. At any point up until then, we may decline to supply the goods or services to you without giving any reason. At the moment we accept your order or in the case of delivery of goods, when the goods are dispatched, a contract will be made between you and us.
Description & Prices
The description and prices payable for the items or services that you order are set out in our price list, brochure and or website. If, by mistake, we have under-priced an item or service, we will not be liable to provide that item to you at the stated price provided that we notify you before we dispatch the item concerned or, in the case where we are not dispatching an item, within 7 working days of our acceptance of your order and we may cancel your order provided we refund you any payments you have made. You may agree the correct price in which case we will proceed with your order. In the event that an item has been over charged a full refund of the difference will be given.We reserve the right to change our prices. Please refer to the latest price list or our website for all current prices. Please note prices issued in the latest price list or on our website supersede any prices set out in these terms and conditions if they are different.Prices listed for wines are quoted per bottle and per case, unless otherwise stated and include VAT at the current prevailing rate. Case size may vary. Prices are subject to currency and market fluctuations, changes in duty and VAT as well as stock remaining unsold. If any other currency is stated, this is subject to currency fluctuations and is an indication only.
How to Pay
We accept Maestro, Visa, Mastercard, American Express or cheques payable to `Thomson & Scott Ltd' or interbank transfers (by arrangement). Orders may be delayed by transfers of money or by credit card authorisations not being confirmed by the respective banks. Please note that it is the customer's responsibility to contact their bank to speed up this process if the order is required urgently. Credit cards are always debited in UK pounds sterling. Please note that payment will be taken in full at the time of ordering. Please allow 7 days for cheques to clear and we will not process the order until cleared funds are received unless specifically agreed otherwise in writing. For authorised 30-day credit accounts, we do not accept credit card payments to clear the balance outside the credit terms.
Costs are terms are as per our website, and are made clear when you order. If you have any questions, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
Quality Guarantee and Policy
We are committed to providing our customers with an unsurpassed level of service and are equally committed to ensuring we provide a safe and legal product. If a wine is corked or faulty we will offer a replacement or credit on the return of the bottle in question. If you believe a wine to be faulty please contact us by email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to make arrangements to have the wine collected and tested.
Receipt of Goods
Deliveries should be signed for as ‘Not Examined’ and you should inspect the goods as soon as possible and notify us immediately of breakages or wine shortages. We are unable to guarantee credit or replacements unless we are notified within 14 days of delivery of the order. Please be aware that multi-case orders can become separated. If you do not receive the balance of your order within 3 working days of the first delivery please contact us. Standard UK deliveries should always arrive within 6 working days of the date of order. If you will not be at the delivery address at the time of delivery and wish us to leave your order in a safe place, please advise us. We regret that neither our carriers nor we can accept responsibility for any subsequent loss or damage that occurs once the consignment has been left. Email us at email@example.com.
All wines and other goods are subject to availability. When selecting the wines or other goods from our price list we try to ensure that they will remain available throughout the life of the list. However, some items will inevitably go out of stock and we therefore reserve the right to select and deliver to you a substitute (of equal or higher value) to the wine you have ordered, to avoid delay in the delivery of orders. If we are unable to supply a particular item, or do not supply a substitute, we will not be liable to you except to ensure that you are not charged for that item.
All wines or other goods ordered remain the property of Thomson & Scott Ltd or its associates until payment is received in full.
If you are interested to buy our wines for export, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Return of Goods/Cancellation
Subject to the specific cancellation provisions below in relation to specific services, orders for goods (to be delivered) may be cancelled within 14 working days of receipt of goods. A full refund will be offered provided the goods remain in good condition and that the request to cancel is received in writing. Any cancelled order will be refunded within 30 days. A charge of £10 for collections will be payable in the UK. If the order has been shipped, upon cancellation the customer will be liable for all delivery charges incurred, and applicable taxes will also be charged back to the customer. If returned wines are not deemed to be in a saleable condition, a re-delivery fee will also be charged. Please email email@example.com.
To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency, which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Social Media Offers
Thomson & Scott Ltd may offer other services, exclusive offers, discounts, promotions etc. via social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat etc.), hereafter referred to as ‘Exclusive Offer’. Such matters shall be subject to the below terms and conditions relating to such matters in addition to the standard Thomson & Scott Ltd terms and conditions.
The offers listed are available while stocks last, and can only be availed of through our social media pages. Thomson & Scott Ltd reserves the right to withdraw the offer at any time. The offer is limited to one offer per person.
It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to anyone under 18 years of age in the UK. By placing an order you confirm that you are at least 18 years old. We ask that you don’t share our social media posts with anyone who is under the legal drinking age in their country or whose country prohibits the consumption of alcohol.
To obtain more information please subscribe on our website here or send a private message to firstname.lastname@example.org with an email address and contact number. We will not share your email with any other companies.
Calls may be recorded.
Other services, exclusive offers etc.
From time to time Thomson & Scott Ltd may offer other services, special offers, discounts, promotions etc. together with services not specifically referred to in these terms and conditions. Such matters shall be subject, in addition to these terms and conditions, to specific terms and conditions relating to such matters. By taking the service or special offers, discounts, promotions you agree to be bound by such additional terms and conditions.
These Terms and Conditions will be subject to the laws of England and Wales. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement and you want to take court proceedings, you must do so within England.
Nothing in these terms and conditions limits or excludes your statutory rights as a consumer. These terms and conditions are subject to amendment - please refer to our website at thomsonandscott.com for the latest version.
Thomson & Scott #DONTWINEFIZZ Promotion
Full Terms and Conditions
By entering this promotion, entrants will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions and shall be bound by them together with any other promotional material.
Where there is any conflict or inconsistency between any other communications (including advertising or promotional materials) and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- The promoter is Thomson & Scott, 23 Exmouth Market, London EC1R 4QL (the “Promoter”).
- This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom only aged 18 years or over.
- No purchase necessary.
- This promotion is not open to employees of the Promoter, their families, the Promoter’s agents, clients, suppliers, retailers, merchants or associates.
- This promotion opens on 28/06/2018 and will close at 23:59 pm on 31/07/2018 (the "Promotional Period"). Any entries received outside of the Promotional Period shall be automatically rejected.
- All entrants represent that they are of legal drinking age in the UK and acknowledge and accept that the Promoter shall have the right to discard any entries at any time which are found not to satisfy this criterion.
- To enter the prize draw for a chance to win, simply follow the instructions on the TAG US postcard or details online promoting the #DONTWINEFIZZ competition, take a photo of you enjoying one of our products and post online using the #DONTWINEFIZZ. Entry into the Promotion shall be strictly on a whilst stocks last basis. Proof of submission shall not constitute proof of receipt of an entry by Promoter.
- Only one entry shall be issued per person and only one entry into the prize draw may be made per person. Multiple entries shall be rejected and all entries must be made directly by the person entering. The Promoter reserves the right to exclude any and all entries not in line with the spirit of the promotion at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
- There is one prize available to be won in total under this Promotion. The prize comprises: One (1) Thomson & Scott Sparkler Rosé Six-Pack, delivered to the winner's address - details to be supplied by winner on receipt of winning notification.
- Selection of the Winners shall take place on 01/08/2018 involving all valid entries received during the Promotional Period. Winners shall be selected at random by Promoter. Winners shall be notified via social media advising of their success and with details on how to claim their prize. All reasonable effort will be made to contact a Winner, however, entrants acknowledge and accept that if they are selected as a Winner but do not respond to the Promoter’s communications and/or claim their prize in accordance with the Promoter’s directions by 12 pm on 02/08/18 the Promoter shall be entitled to withdraw that Winner’s prize entitlement and award same to an alternative entrant.
- Selection of Winners shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into. Winners’ name shall be available within 4 weeks of 01/08/2018 and enquiries should be made by way of a stamped address envelope sent to the Promoter’s address (above) marked for the attention of “Head of Marketing”.
- All prizes issued under this promotion are strictly non-transferrable and must not be offered for resale.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter, vary, suspend or withdraw this promotion as the Promoter deems necessary in its absolute sole discretion. The Promoter shall have the right in its absolute sole discretion to substitute any prize with one of equivalent or greater value. The prize or its alternative must be accepted as offered. No cash alternative will be offered in whole or in part in connection with this promotion.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may at its sole discretion refuse to award any prize under this promotion to a winning entrant.
- By completing and submitting the information requested for participation in this promotion, entrants consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information for the purposes of this promotion. The Promoter may disclose entrants’ personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this promotion or communicating with entrants. Only if an entrant has so elected, entrants consent to the storage of their personal information on the Promoter’s database and the Promoter may use this information for future promotion and marketing purposes regarding its products, including contacting the entrant via electronic messaging.
- All Winners under this promotion agree to take part in reasonable publicity, at the option of the Promoter, with no further recompense.
- The Promoter is not liable for any delay or failure to perform any obligation to the entrant that is caused by any circumstance beyond its reasonable control or by any act or omission of any third party although it will always use reasonable endeavours to minimise any entrant disappointment.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability, for any injury sustained, loss, or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of this promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; any tax liability incurred by any entrant; late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence due to error, omission, tampering, deletion, theft, and communications failure or otherwise.
- The Promoter’s decision is final on all matters relating to this promotion. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to Laws of England and Wales and each entrant shall be deemed to irrevocably submit to exclusive jurisdiction of English and Welsh Courts.
- The Promoter encourages responsible drinking and would direct consumers to read http://www.drinkaware.co.uk for more information.
Post: Thomson & Scott Ltd, 23 Exmouth Market, London EC1R 4QL.